Internships and Co-op Experiences
Turn your education into real-life experience
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Complete the requirements for the internship and meet regularly with your internship site supervisor and the Internship/Co-Op faculty coordinator.
- Contact Career Planning for general internship information, to identify host site options and prepare application materials, including a resume and cover letter.
- Contact the Internship/Co-Op faculty coordinator to discuss course pre-requisites, eligibility, and course requirements. Please note: internships/co-ops are credit courses and, as such, always have tuition and fees attached.
- Secure a site placement (Make an appointment with Career Planning for assistance or use the Host Site List) and set up a schedule with your site supervisor.
- Complete all forms for course registration and the internship program.
Benefits to an Internship
- Valuable real‐world experience in their desired career field
- Gain hands‐on skills development under the guidance of employer and faculty mentors
- Explore and reflect on academic theory in practice, in a dynamic organizational environment
- Test‐drive a career before continuing down a particular path of further education
- Build a valuable network of professional contacts
- Gain valuable industry skills and experience that enhance a résumé and future employment options
- Become part of a company or organization where many job openings are filled with internal candidates
- Earn academic credit toward your academic program
|Internships and Co-op Office|
||Grossman Commons, room 206E
||Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.